Sunday, June 12, 2005

The Queen of Hearts


At Mano's, an Italian restaurant...That's Queenie Lau, the Chinese girl with a British accent...she is a law graduate from Cambridge and is currently in University of Hong Kong for the course that would make her eligible to practice in Hong Kong where her parent's live...I remember telling her as we walked along that she would go home with the best mooter prize...She instead told me that she was looking forward to meeting me in the semi-finals...my prediction turned out to be true...and hers...well, I missed out to the International University of Malaysia by just 8 marks after two moots...However, I couldn't stop myself from pulling Ira'a leg as I had beaten them in the preliminaries...she smiled back but I guess I had hurt her...had no intention though...

Queenie wants to be a politician and is very possessive about Tibet...Chairman Lau?...who knows?...was wonderful talking to her over the dinner.

No comments: