Friday, July 03, 2009

Rishikesh: The Realm of Serenity























































































































































































































































Ever since the Beatles set foot in Rishikesh some 40 odd years ago, the place has acquired a lot of significance among spiritual seekers from across the globe. All the hype notwithstanding, there is something about this place that keeps one in very high spirits all through out. Sitting by the Ganges this evening, watching it voraciously ripple over those gigantic rocks, I was just too happy to be able to relate to the following lines from an Eddie Vedder song:

Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere,
Underneath my being is a road that disappeared;
Late at night I hear the trees,
They're singing with the dead,
Overhead...

Leave it to me as I find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting;
I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me,
Guaranteed...

Needless to say, I missed my guitar.

1 comment:

Kundan said...

Great dude....the pics are truely amazing as usual...wish I was aslo there!!!